What Course Do I Need?

Workplace Safety Certifications

H2S Alive
H2S Alive certification is mandatory for most occupations within the Oil and Gas industry in Western Canada. Most applications for positions in related fields and emergency response services require it. This can only be delivered by an Energy Safety Canada-approved (formerly Enform) training provider like ourselves.

Working at Heights (Ontario)
Section 26.2(1) of the Construction Projects Regulation requires employers on construction projects in Ontario to ensure workers are adequately trained on the use of a fall protection system if they may use the system on the job. In Ontario, the recognized program is the CPO-Approved Working at Heights course.

Working at Heights - Refresher (Ontario)
Working at heights training is valid for three (3) years from the date of successful completion of an approved program. All learners who wish to maintain the validity of their working at heights training past this three year period need to successfully complete refresher training.

Fall Protection (Alberta)
This course replaces the former OSSA-approved Fall Protection program, required for workers who need basic fall protection training to work in areas with potential fall hazards. Engage in hands-on training and learn protection methods for preventing falls.

WHMIS 2015 - Incorporating GHS
All workers require WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training, which should be refreshed annually.

Propane in Construction (CH-02)
If you will be handling propane to connect, activate, and disconnect heaters, torches, and propane-powered equipment of less than 400,000 Btu/h, you require a TSSA-approved Propane in Construction training program delivered by an authorized provider. Beware of the unregulated imitation propane courses out there!

Confined Space Entry
Refresher training is not specifically required in the Confined Spaces Regulation, but for a workplace that is not a project, a review of training is required on an annual basis and whenever there is a change in circumstances that may affect the safety of a worker who enters a confined space in the workplace, such as a change in process or hazard assessment.

Register yourself for an upcoming course here.
Make a group booking for your staff here.

First Aid Training

When it comes to first aid training, all of the letters, levels, and certification requirements can be confusing. To keep it simple:

Level A is for adult first aid/CPR
Level C incorporates adult/child/infant first aid/CPR
BLS incorporates additional skills for healthcare providers with the optional bolt-on O2 Management and Airway Adjuncts modules.

IRESCUE TRAINING specializes in Wilderness and Remote First Aid training, running regular Basic (Remote First Aid (RFA)), Advanced (Wilderness First Aid (WFA)), Professional (Wilderness First Responder (WFR)), and upgrade courses for private groups and individuals who work or live in remote locations and/or enjoy outdoor recreational pursuits.

If you are in an Industry that is Federally Regulated you have a legal requirement to ensure that your staff have wilderness first aid training per the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (SOR/86-304)

The Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines, managed by Ophea, determines that Secondary - Curricular activity/sport activities for single day or multi-day trips that travel more than 2 hours from the arrival of emergency medical assistance, require at least one teacher, trip guide, instructor, or supervisor to maintain a current advanced wilderness first aid certification such as: Canadian Red Cross Wilderness First Aid.

Scouts Canada Policies - First Aid Standards (effective September 1, 2019), stipulates training in Remote First Aid (RFA) for activities that are more than two hours from medical care. and Wilderness First Aid (WFA) for activities that are more than four hours from medical care.

What first aid course do I need for college or university?

Students and job-seekers of the following professions require Level C CPR or CPR for Health Care Provider and Standard First Aid:

Fire - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level HCP (BLS) (+ yearly re-cert).
Paramedic - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level HCP (BLS)
Police - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C (Level HCP (BLS) recommended)
Nursing - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level HCP (BLS)
Early Childhood Education (E.C.E.) programs - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C (Level HCP (BLS) recommended)
Dentistry - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C
Athletic therapists - CPR Level C (+ yearly re-cert). Standard First Aid with CPR / C recommended.
Personal trainers - CPR Level C (+ yearly re-cert). Standard First Aid with CPR / C recommended.
Security Guard - Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C

Organize a private training session for you and your peers here.

What first aid course does my business need?

As per WSIB Regulation 1101:
Less than 5 employees any shift = Emergency Level
More than 5 employees any shift = Standard Level

Make a group booking for your staff here.

Can you customize the course for our needs?

Absolutely. If you are interested in booking a group for training but have a demanding schedule, we can be flexible! Consider benefiting from our Blended Learning program, which allows you - as an individual or as a group - to train online, then schedule a shorter in-class session when it suits you!

In accordance with national regulations, IRESCUE TRAINING program content can be tailored to all types of environments or workplace themes; urban, industrial, remote, offshore, childcare, law enforcement.... you name it, we've got you covered!

If you have a request for customization, just ask!

Back to top