Duration: 2-3 hours
Cost: $69 + HST
This is a comprehensive course which meets the legislated general WHMIS training requirements for both federal and provincial/territorial workplaces. An additional module introduces participants to the GHS. Appropriate for all workers and an ideal choice for supervisors and managers, who should be prepared for upcoming changes in hazard classification, labeling, and SDS formats. IRESCUE TRAINING delivers this course in-house or onsite at your location!
An online version of this course is available HERE
100% attendance, passing grade on written knowledge evaluation.
1-year renewable recommended
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of workers
- Understand the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Recognize the WHMIS hazard symbols and the risks posed by products carrying those symbols
- Explain the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier labels and workplace labels and know how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Recognize the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) as the primary source of detailed information about a controlled product and know how to locate specific information in an MSDS
- Identify exempt products, partially-exempt products and exceptions to WHMIS
- Describe GHS hazard classification, GHS label elements and the GHS format for Safety Data Sheets
- Understand the likely changes to WHMIS under the proposed Hazardous Product Regulations and the timelines for implementation
To comply with legislated requirements, employers must also provide workplace-specific training so that workers know the specific controlled products in their workplace, are aware of the hazards associated with those products, and know how to use, handle, store, and dispose of specific products safely.