Duration: approx. 1 hour, self-paced
Mosquitoes, ticks and other pests are more than just an annoyance. They can carry serious diseases. Take this course to learn what environments they prefer and what you can do to protect yourself and others from them. This course is ideal for everyone, but especially people who work outdoors.
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
- Vector-Borne Diseases
- Environmental Factors
- Personal Factors
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know what vector-borne diseases are and which pests may carry them
- Identify environmental factors that can harbor pests
- Recall ways to make the environment less hospitable to pests
- Know which personal factors can reduce the risk of exposure to pests
- Know why it is important to report bites and symptoms of vector-borne illnesses
Certificate of completion:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.