Duration: 6-8 hours
Cost: $179 + HST
This course is aimed at helping help canine owners and handlers provide temporary, urgent care to their animals until they can reach a veterinary or emergency clinic. Participants will learn how to care for their animals before, during, and after an emergency. Course has been adapted to address basic care for canines used in Search and Rescue application, as well as in the civilian space.
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 70% min. passing grade on written quiz
- Injury prevention and disaster preparation
- Personal safety precautions to help owners identify and minimize risks
- Emergencies: bleeding and bite wounds, cardiac arrest, choking, burns, poisoning, trauma, and more
- Preventing Emergencies and Preparing for Disasters
- Travel and Outdoor Emergencies
- K-9 First Aid Kits
Organize a group of 6 or more for this course and receive your training and certification for FREE! Click here to register your group.
Manual, Certification card