These online training programs cover requirements of the OSHA HAZWOPER standard (29CFR 1910.120); a standard which sets out the minimum training requirements for workers on hazardous waste sites, environmental remediation and emergency projects in the United States. The comprehensive nature of this standard has led to it becoming recognized by employers at Canadian workplaces that involve hazardous materials and/or environmental contamination.
The sample course selection listed below can be sourced HERE
Testing conducted throughout the online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass the course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
Sample course content from HAZWOPER Refresher for Emergency Responders: Emergency & Post-Emergency Response Procedures:
- Prevention & Planning
- Recognition, Identification, & Notification
- Isolation & Size Up
- Determine Hazards
- Allocate Personnel & Equipment
- Make an Action Plan
- Emergency Response
- Evacuate or Shelter-in-Place
- Advanced Control Measures
- Terminate the Emergency Response Operation
- Post-Emergency Response
- Decontaminate Personnel & Equipment
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what measures can be taken to be prepared for an emergency release
- Describe what methods may be used to recognize an emergency release of hazardous substances, to identify which hazardous substances are present, when to initiate an Emergency Response Plan, and what information to report when notifying emergency response personnel of a release
- List factors to take into consideration when sizing up an emergency situation and preparing to take action during an emergency response to a hazardous substance release
- Recognize emergency response steps and procedures for helping victims and containing or controlling an emergency release of a hazardous substance
- Identify post-emergency-response procedures after an emergency response has been terminated
Certificate of completion:
Upon successful completion of online courses, certificates of completion will be available for download and printing.