Duration: 1/2 Day
Cost: $179 + HST
Workers required to perform Fire Watch must be trained and competent in their responsibilities and in the proper use, care and maintenance of equipment they are required to operate.
The purpose of this course is to ensure that workers are trained in theory and in practical exercises to demonstrate a basic level of knowledge and proficiency while performing Fire Watch duties and in the use of extinguishing equipment. This course includes a practical exercise in which participants will extinguish a fire using an approved simulator or utilize live fire extinguishers.
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 70% min. passing grade
Each participant will receive a certificate for this course with open-ended validity upon successful completion.
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fire hazards
- Fire Watch planning
- Types of Extinguishers, Agents, and Classification
- Types of Fires, Classifications, and behaviors
- Operation of Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Watch Duties and Responsibilities
Manual, Certification card