Duration: 1 Day
Cost: $179 + HST
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in the oil and gas industry, so it is critical to understand and plan for them before starting work.
Confined Space Entry and Monitor teaches participants to identify, understand and mitigate the potential hazards of working in restricted and confined spaces. Developed using the Canadian Standards Association’s Z1006-16 Management of Work in Confined Spaces and the Canadian Association of Oil and Gas Producers’ Code of Practice for Confined Space.
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 70% min. passing grade
Each participant will receive a certificate for this course valid for three years upon successful completion.
- Roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors
- OH&S legislated standards
- Code of Practice and requirements
- Identification and classification of restricted and confined spaces
- Requirements for working in or around restricted and confined spaces
- Hazard assessment and control methods for restricted and confined spaces
- Entry planning and permitting
- Atmospheric testing
- Signage and tagging
- Emergency response
Manual, Certification card