Duration: 20 hours (taught in
non-urban setting) with optional overnight stay
Cost: $249 + HST
Maybe you enjoyed the basic Remote First Aid course so much, you're now looking to expand your knowledge and skills? Maybe your schedule didn't allow for dedicating two weekends in a row. This one-weekend course offers the chance to bridge up to the Wilderness First Aid course. Put advanced skills and theory to the test with an evening and full day of team-based scenarios in a remote setting!
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written quiz
3-year certification in Wilderness First Aid
A 16-20 hour recertification weekend. Proof of valid Red Cross RFA certificate required.
Upgrade Content layers enhanced remote first aid in addition to:
- Planning, prevention, group health and wellness
- Leadership skills
- Human and environmental hazard assessment
- Rescue breathing, Full-face helmet removal
- Discontinuing spinal precautions
- Realigning fractures / relocating dislocations
- Communications and signaling
In addition to advanced skills and LOADS of additional scenarios (night-time included), WFA places a strong focus on leadership and team management.
Optional Overnight Camp
- Extended night-time first aid scenarios