Duration: 20 hours (taught in
wilderness setting) with optional overnight stay
$249 + HST SEASONAL SALE: $199 + HST!
The AWRFA course is often offered with the WRFA course by including a second weekend that only the AWRFA participants attend. Maybe your schedule didn't allow for dedicating two weekends in a row. Maybe you enjoyed the Basic WRFA course so much, you'd like to come back for more! This one-weekend course offers the chance to return for an Advanced upgrade at a later date. However, ONLY students trained by IRESCUE are welcome to register within 12 months of successfully obtaining their Basic level certification. You may not sign up for this upgrade if you are coming from another agency.
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written quiz
3-year certification in Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid, CPR Level C, and AED
A 2-day recertification weekend will be introduced in 2018. Proof of valid Red Cross AWRFA certificate required.
- Establishing control through leadership
- Legal considerations
- Incident reporting, trip / float / flight plan
- Human and environmental hazard assessment
- Critical incident stress
- Rescue breathing, Full-face helmet removal
- Discontinuing spinal precautions
- Realigning fractures / relocating dislocations
- Coast Guard / GSAR / DND / Air ambulance
- Communications and signaling
In addition to advanced skills and LOADS of additional scenarios (night-time included), AWRFA places a strong focus on leadership and team management.
Optional Overnight Camp
- Extended night-time first aid scenarios
Waterproof Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide, Certification card